Thursday, January 1, 2009

Alison "Traveling the USA in my Trailie"

Name: Alison
Age: 37
I grew up in: Hacienda Heights, California
I currently live: Part time in a teardrop trailer/Part time in Long Beach
My Sign: Aries
Occupation: Observing People & Your Website Cruise Director
You can find me here: alisontravels@gmail.com
You will never find me: Eating Mammals
Charity I am passionate about: Best Friends

1.)What life experience has strengthened you the most?
There are a few I remember. My mother always wanted me to be active as a child and join a sports team, or a group like the Girl Scouts. In 7th grade, I decided that I wanted to try out for my Junior High football team. Without hesitation, she drove me to tryouts (knowing that I would be the only girl there). As I approached the field, a fear came over me and I decided not to try out. Besides being scared, one of the reasons was because my Father would never let me quit something once I started. Because of this experience, I learned that I COULD do anything I wanted to do. Having parents that believed that I was capable of anything was the key.

2.)Who has been the most influential person in your life?
My Father. He was charming, loving, smart, challenging, witty, athletic, and a hard worker. I am definitely my “father’s daughter”. Our traits are so similar that we would often bump heads on opinions and on how to do things correctly. He challenged me to stay on a basketball team when I felt my teammates hated me, taught me how to shoot a gun, showed me how to enjoy fine cuisine, and taught me the importance of a strong work ethic.

3.)What is your lifelong dream?
I have always wanted to travel across the United States. I am living that dream today. I bought a 4x9 teardrop trailer and have been on the road for 120 days, documenting my experiences, and learning about my life along the way. It has always been a dream of mine to wake up, look at a map and decide where I want to go and what I wanted to do that day. I am going to try and continue to do this as long as possible. My new
passion is to meet and write about the Americans I come across at: www.AmericanLifeToday.com

4.)What would you want to change about yourself?
I am too hard on myself. I try and not be so self critical, but it’s a trait that I’ve had ever since I could remember. Once I think it’s getting better, usually people will remind me that I am being too hard on myself. This is a goal of mine to change little by little…

5.)What would your last meal be?
King Crab, Sushi, Fried Catfish, Champagne and Brussel Sprouts
Blog Widget by LinkWithin