Thursday, September 17, 2009

Rachel "Success Is Contentment"

Name:Rachel
Age: 32
Sign: Aries
I grew up in: Portland, Or
I currently live in: Eureka, Ca
Occupation: fitness instructor
You can find me: on myspace. www.myspace.com/therealbabymama, or jogging through my neighborhood.
You will never find me: at McDonalds.
Your website or Charity you are passionate about: SEVA www.seva.org

• 1.) How do you measure success?

Success is a state of mind. It is not an amount of money, a house, a car, a perfect marriage or the most brilliant accomplished children. It is contentment. It is being in the moment and noticing your own breath, the sun on your face, the sensation of living. Failure is forgetting to notice how lucky you are, every single day.

• 2.)What would you want to change about yourself?

As long as I can remember my family was the “late family.” I’d like to forever be known as the girl who reversed the code. The girl who’s family was always on time. I am not quite there though. The genetic code is strong.

• 3.) How do you want to be remembered?

I expect to be remembered by the brief generation or two that follows me. I accept that I will not be remembered always. I have great great great grandparents. Do I remember them? No. There are graveyards full of forgotten people. It is inevitable. It is okay. It is normal. I can be one of the invisible forgottens. There is no shame in it. I wonder if Einstein would have preferred it over his notoriety.

• 4.) What is your recurring dream?

There is one. It is a nightmare. Visions of rape and torture. Home invasion. A coworker of my mother died that way. I was nine. It left a mark on my insides.

• 5.)What is the hardest part of your day? What is the best part of your day?

Growing up I vowed to never be “the cook”. Just because I was born female automatically meant I had to learn this skill. I vowed to find a man who would do the cooking for me. I did. He is wonderful. He is also working two hours away from home. I have to be the cook. It is hard. I am getting better. The meals are less and less often “experiments” and more often successes.

Best part of the day: my jog.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin