Sunday, September 27, 2009

Carol "I Made It To 50 And The Lightbulbs Still Go On"

Name: carol
Age: 50
Sign: taurus
I grew up in: la la land (los angeles)
I currently live in: long beach
Occupation: licensed drug dealer
You can find me: near water
You will never find me: somewhere where I feel trapped

1.) Who or what inspires you? There is always something inspiring about all the people I've kept in my life. It doesn't mean that they are always my closest friends, heroes, or even sources of inspiration. They're just people like me. But they've done something that betters themselves or helps others that is above what I've imagined doing. It's through others that we get ideas about what could be; what possibilities are out there; things that happen that we'd never do in a million years even if we had the choice.
I've met people with health issues that go on in spite of it all. I mean, yes, we all have to go on, but they manage to see something bright about the here and now and are determined to live. Also there are those who have come out bad situations and have made something fabulous of themselves. I guess what inspires me is that a lot of them do it because it's their inner nature. They couldn't imagine NOT being like this. I guess I think about them when I'm feeling beat or blue.

2.) What are you most proud of? That I made it to 50 and the light bulbs still go on every now and then. Usually they're the little xmas bulb ones but sometimes they're the Broadway neon sign wattage ones.

3.) What has been your greatest loss in life? I knock on wood (a forest if I have to) that I haven't had what I would consider a major loss. I'm anticipating the death of my parents but hopefully that won't be for a while. But I think you want an answer dontcha. I'd have to say the loss of the body strength & flexibility I used to have when I was in my 20's. My mind still thinks it's all there and I have the friends around me that I want to have. So I guess that's it. Please don't ask, 'well what about'. I'm happy in my ignorance.

4.) Who would you like to meet? Someone I click with (to quote Ellen). That's it, plain & simple.

5.) What is the hardest part of your day? Don't think I have one particular part that's hard. I like getting up and seeing the daylight and I love sleeping and I like all the hours in between. Maybe if there's something I'm waiting for...like Santa? lol
What is the best part of your day? on a day to day basis, knowing that I've helped people (at work) or when i'm not at work, doing something creative or physical or learning something new. I like to hop around from one project to another so there's always something in the works.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin