Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dawn "Proudly Stating Who I Am Everyday"

Name: Dawn
Age: 34
Sign: Scorpio
I grew up in: San Antonio, TX
I currently live in: West Hollywood, CA
Occupation: Assistant Director
You can find me: walking around the gayborhood looking for Vegan Cookies.
You will never find me: in a Sports Bar talking about my Fantasy Football Team.
Your website or Charity you are passionate about: www.aidswalk.net

1.) What (person, goal, dream) gets you out of bed each day?
The American Dream gets me out of bed everyday. I want to work hard and accomplish great things like owning my own home and starting a family. My mother did it, now its my turn.

2.) What life experience has strengthened you the most?
Coming Out of the closet has strengthened me the most. It taught me a lot about the power of Shame and Hate. I was taught from an early age in Catholic school that being Gay was a sin and shameful, so it took me a long time to Love my (Whole) self. After years of depression I finally decided to be true to my person, and no longer hide in shame. My spiritual and emotional self is stronger now thanks to Proudly stating who I am Everyday. It is not a choice, but just Who I Am!

3.) What would you want to change about yourself?
If I would change one thing about myself, it would be my quickness to Anger. I try to take a 5 minute Timeout when I feel the Frustration kicking in. I'm definitely doing better, but I still need to work on my temper.

4.) How do you want to be remembered?
I want to be remembered as a Loving Nurturing Old Soul.

5.) What is your most prized possession?
My Concert Ticket Collection. From New Kids On The Block to AC/DC...I've seen them All!!!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin