Saturday, October 3, 2009

Adriane "My Mother Was The Greatest Teacher In Life"

Name: Adriane (aka Spooner)
Age: 45
Sign: Cancer
I grew up in: Small Town, Illinois
I currently live in: Medium Sized Town, Illinois
You can find me: either quietly observing or being inappropriately sarcastic.
You will never find me: at WalMart
Your website or Charity you are passionate about: So many to choose from! I try to pick a different one every holiday season to donate to. This year's recipient is the Human Rights Campaign. Last year was Amnesty International. My extended family loves to donate to The Heifer Project in lieu of gifts. When I was 20, I volunteered at Planned Parenthood and continue to donate to them. They have such great outreach programs to teens. I recommend them highly for a realistic and informative sex ed class for teenagers.

1.)Who or what inspires you?

I am in awe by true respectful listeners. Good communicators are so rare, they can make you feel completely validated with an engaging conversation.

2.)What are you most proud of?

My first instinct is to say my children, but honestly I believe that my children carve their own path, I just clear the way for them.

In a few weeks, I will graduate with a Bachelorʼs Degree in Philosophy. As a single mom who works full-time, it feels like a huge accomplishment.

3.)What has been your greatest loss in life?

My mother died at the age of 64. She and I were very close and I miss her terribly. She was my greatest teacher in life. She lived fully, loved completely and died gracefully. I feel her with me everyday.

4.)Who would you like to meet?

Anytime I meet celebrities, I make a fool of myself gushing. Iʼve met some amazing friends online that I would to love to meet in person.

5.)What is the hardest part of your day? What is the best part of your day?

That depends on how well Iʼve planned. I love coming home from work and spending time with my two kids (even though they are teenagers) but sometimes I feel tired and overwhelmed by making dinner, getting the kids to their activities, etc. Lately the kids and I have been planning and making the meals together. Itʼs a great way to get us all talking and laughing together.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin