Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Toni "My Daughters Are My Rock"

Name: Toni
Age: 37
Sign: Scorpio
Occupation: Mommy
I grew up in: Whittier, CA
I currently live in: The High Desert, CA
You can find me: At home with my girls. Volunteering. Hanging with my lifesavers--The Schottelkorbs
You will never find me: Sitting in judgement. That is not my place
Your website or Charity you are passionate about: Right now--Changing California's Laws regarding vehicular manslaughter

1.) What are you most proud of? My daughters. Their father was killed in a motorcycle accident in April, 2008. They have had to confront a number of fears that no child should ever have to think about. They are rising above those fears and are learning that each day is a gift. They know first hand that tomorrow may never come. My daughters are my rock. If only everyone had a child's faith. They are truly an inspiration not only to me, but to all those that have traveled this road thus far with us!

2.) Who or what inspires you? Again--My daughters. Their ability to move forward and look toward the future is giving me some faith that in spite of tragedy and death, one's goals can still be reached. They have had to re-teach me that it is still okay to dream, to smile and to laugh.

3.) How would you like to be remembered? As a good mom. I am doing my best to help my daughters through their grief and mourning. Since, I have never experienced this before, I am not quite familiar with "death protocol." I am hoping that I will be remembered as a mom they could talk to about anything and everything. I want them to know and everyone to know that I love my girls with all my being and all that I am. They are the reasons I am still here!

4.) What do you want to do before you die? Grow old. I want to see my daughters grown, possibly married with children. I want them to be happy no matter what road they may follow. I wouldn't mind being happy again oneday, too.

5.) What is your most prized possession? That would mean something material, I assume? I guess I would say, my home. My husband worked his ass off to provide this house for us--his family. In an ironic way--even though he no longer lives here on Earth with his children and me--he is still providing. I want to make sure our daughters always have a place to call "Home."
Blog Widget by LinkWithin