Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Andrea "I love who I am"

Name: Andrea
Age: 44 yrs
Sign: Aries
I grew up in: Orange County, CA
I currently live in: Tustin Ranch, CA
Occupation : Exercise Physiologist
You can find me: at the gym or running outdoors...........
You will never find me: eating raw fish

Your website or Charity you are passionate about : Crohns & Colitis Foundation of America (www.ccfa.org)

1.) What ( person, goal, dream ) gets you out of bed each day?
The relationships I share with my close friends and family get me out of bed everyday. I have an amazing group of people in my life that I love and who love me back. The daily interaction, love, support, and experiences I share with these individuals give my life meaning and a huge amount of joy, happiness and peace.

2.) What life experience has strengthened you the most?
Coming out as a gay woman in my late 20's. I had felt "different" through most of my formative years and wasn't able to fully recognize and accept my sexuality. Societal pressure, growing up Catholic, and feeling like I would disappoint my God and my family all influenced my behavior and decision to repress my feelings and this piece of myself. As a result, I was unfulfilled, unhappy and didn't really know who I was. In college I met and eventually married a wonderful, amazing man. I thought I could change my feelings for women and build a successful marriage. Over time, with an extensive amount of prayer and therapy, I realized I wasn't going to change. As incredibly tough as it was to come out to my husband at the time and leave the marriage, it was the beginning of a new life for me. Since this time I have evolved into a secure, happy, confident woman who embraces her sexuality and loves life. I'm also happy to say that my ex-husband, his 2nd wife and their children are still in my life. I feel extremely blessed.

3.) What would you want to change about yourself? not a thing...I love who I am faults, imperfections and all.

4.) What has been your greatest achievement? Building a successful, enjoyable career in the corporate fitness field. I'm one of the lucky few that has been blessed with a good, full-time career in the fitness field. I love coming to work each day, working with amazing staff and members, and being able to make a difference in other people's lives.

5.) What is your most prized possession ?
My cat, Samuel. He is the first pet I've owned strictly by myself. My brother found him 6 years ago as a 3 month old stray kitten. I've had him ever since. We share a very strong bond and I love him tremendously.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin