Saturday, October 17, 2009

Mary "The Best Girlfriend In The World"

Name: Mary
I grew up in: a small town, in the middle of a cornfield. Where the community would lead you to believe, that they were loving and supportive. That was very deceptive. Really the only things that mattered there were who your parents were, who your friends were and how much trouble you or anyone related to you had ever gotten into. In short, I grew up in a small minded small town.
I currently live in: Chatham, IL. A small town, with new faces and open minds. An hour from the small minded small town.
Occupation: Technically, I am a Nail Tech. But mostly, I am super single mom and the best girlfriend in the world.
You can find me: in lots of places. There are at least 6 months out of the year that I travel quite often with my boyfriend. When I am not traveling I am usually at home working, volunteering at the kids schools, attending the kids sporting events and just in general running around like a chicken with my head cut off!
You will never find me: Never say Never!
Your website or Charity you are passionate about: I spend too much time on MySpace as far as websites go. I need to find a charity that I am passionate about, maybe that is what I am missing!

1.) Do you love what you do? Why? Some days I love what I do. Others, not so much! But all in all I refuse to do anything that is not going to produce the end results that I want. If I am not going to be happy about it or proud in the end, I don’t need to do it!

2.) What are you most proud of? I have 4 children ages 16, 9, 7 and 4. They are proof that I have done something right. They are intelligent, adventurous and thoughtful people. They make each day worthwhile and purposeful.

3.) What life experience has strengthened you the most? My second divorce has been the most strengthening and character building experience of my life. The process included me leaving the area I grew up in and starting over, fresh and new. I started over with very little and on my own completely for the first time in my life. Waking up every day and seeing these little faces looking at me and counting on me alone was life changing. During the whole process there was no child support or emotional support from their father or my family. I was truly on my own. I made it. The divorce took 3 years and was final on December 1, 2008. To this day I have excelled and live a life better and fuller than most people that I know and my family that disowned me.

4.) Who has been the most influential person in your life? My boyfriend Bobby has been the most influential person in my life. He has been a part of my life for almost 2 and half years. He has led me out of my darkest times and into my most successful. He inspires me. His is a story of teen parent, high school dropout, living in a trailer turned self made very successful business man. He came from nothing and fulfilled more than his dreams. He is the American Dream personified. He and I filled every void in our already full lives with each other. The man completes me and I complete him. I found my partner and the love of my life.

5.) Describe your perfect day
I have lived so many perfect days over the last year and for some reason cannot come up with just one answer for this. How silly is that? I think we spend so much of our time as parents, friends, lovers and spouses making sure that everyone else’s day is perfect that we forget what our perfect day is. Maybe the perfect day is the day that we figure out what our perfect day would be…
Blog Widget by LinkWithin