Friday, October 2, 2009

David "Lives in a Van"

Name: David
Age: 37
Sign: Cancer
I grew up in: Polson, MT
I currently live in: San Francisco, CA
You can find me: www.livesinavan.com or your local Starbucks
You will never find me: at church.

1.) What are you most proud of?
I live life fearlessly. I have never been a victim of my circumstances. There are only challenges and I have never been afraid of accepting the challenge. I am not afraid of taking risks or questioning the common perception. As a result, my life has been an amazing series of great stories and unforgettable experiences.

2.) Who has been the most influential person in your life?
Jesus. Religion played a big part of growing up. My mom changed her religion when I was eight and Mom and Dad's disagreements on how the Bible should be interpreted resulted in a lot of conflict surrounding the life-or-death issue of salvation. I actually went into the full-time ministry after high school and studied the bible with children and adults for a number of years. The life and teachings of Jesus Christ had an indelible impact on my early life. After I observed (and fought) the coverup of a pedophile in the church, my studies lead me to the discovery of neuroscience and behavioral science. After studying the causes of both the most noble and most despicable aspects of human behavior; I was forced to rethink my assumptions about freewill, sin and many of the more common interpretations of scripture. Despite my more progressive thinking today, I cannot deny that Jesus influenced far more of my life than any other person living or dead.

3.)How do you measure success?
Success is the realization of a sustainable happiness for both yourself and others in your life. Everything else is either a distraction or simply a factor that helps or hinders the maintenance of happiness.

4.)What would your last meal be?
French toast, real maple syrup, bacon, eggs (over medium), a gooey raisin cinnamon roll and a Starbucks coffee.

5.)What do you want to do before you die?
Publish a book. Play the piano well. Complete a triathlon. Climb the highest mountain in every state of the U.S. Learn how to sing. Learn how to do the tango. Grow old with someone I'm madly in love with.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin