Friday, February 6, 2009

Pablo "I Like To Help People"

Name: Pablo
Age: I am 39
Sign: Leo
I grew up in: orange county, Cypress Ca.
I currently live in: still live in Cypress, Ca.
Occupation: shop manager/ soon to be casual longie/ wannabe writer.
You can find me: I work pretty much every day but you can find me at 24
hour fitness every other night between 10 -11pm. You can also find me at
my secret fishing spot in long beach. I'd love to tell you where, but
then it wouldn't exactly be a secret. If I am in Cabo, look for me at
The Office or Panchos.
You will never find me: with any luck you will never catch me riding a
desk. I can't imagine being stuck inside an office all day.
Your website or Charity you are passionate about:you can email me at
Bajapablo@gmail.com and my website is still a work in progress.

1) what is my biggest regret? That's a great question with an easy
answer. Right out of high school I applied at a major fishing tackle
dealer. The interview went well but I wasn't too sure I would land the
job. The next day my dad asked me to come work for him at our family
business. My mom warned me not to go but my dad needed the help so what
was I supposed to do, so I went. A week had gone by and the person that
interviewed me called and offered me the job. I declined saying I had to
stick it out at the family business. Not taking that job has haunted me
for the past twenty years.

2) what is my greatest achievement? Another great question, only the
answer will take some thought. Years ago I spent a summer in Cabo. I had
no job and very little money but lots of time to kill. I got to know a
lot of the locals who didn't speak english but wanted to learn. I took
it upon myself to teach a select group a style of learning english that
you can't get from a book. I am in no way, shape or form a certified
teacher, but after a few weeks, they all could speak english or at least
enough to get by.

3) what would I do for living if money wasn't a factor? I like to help
people. I like to fish too. If I could teach people to fish, that would
be pretty fulfilling. If I could spin that off into some sort of
conservationist, getting people to understand that you can catch fish
and let them go to fight another day, that would be kinda cool.

4) who or what inspires you? when I was just a kid my grandma inspired
me. When she was diagnosed with parkinsons I watched my grandpa
transform into a superhero. There was nobody on this earth that could
have taken better care of her. When she passed away in 1999 it was like
I had lost both of them even though he is still with us today. If I
could grow up to be half the man he is I would truly be greatful.
Helping others is the part of me that was instilled by my grandma.

5) what do you want to do before you die? I would love to travel the
world and fish the seven seas. Hold on, I better rephrase that. I would
love to travel the world, but just the warm parts. I can't stand the
cold! And being that we never know when we are going to die, I am trying
to fit in all the things I want to do now, while I am living. A friend
of mine just told me that when he retires he wants to travel to europe.
I had to remind him that there is no guarantee he is gonna live 'til he
retires so if he wants to go to europe, he better go now!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin