Monday, August 3, 2009

Dana "Create A Life That Brings Me Joy"

Name: Dana
Age: Thirty Somethin'
Sign: Aries
I grew up in: A single-parent-household run by a Jewish mother in which two out of three kids are gay. I grew up in a time when Swatches were in style, parachute pants ruled the school yard, and Flock of Seagulls had the best hair on radio.
I currently live in: beautiful New Mexico.
Occupation: Professional Comedienne
You can find me: at the gym, in the mountains, on the road, in a theatre, the cover of CURVE Magazine, at my niece and nephew's house, at the movies, in San Francisco, driving around in my truck, eating sushi at one of my favorite restaurants, playing on facebook, singing karaoke, living life.
You will never find me: performing at the Republican National Convention. HA!
Your website or Charity you are passionate about: www.danagoldberg.com

1) Who or what inspires you?
There are so many things that inspire me on a daily basis. My desire to succeed and create a life that brings me joy is one of my most powerful inspirations. I could go on and on, but these are also things and people that inspire me: my family, people who are living their passion, my niece and nephew, a very special UWSHJ, making a difference in someone's life, bringing laughter to a stranger, affecting someone's life for the better, being someone the younger LGBT community can look up to, achieving my dreams, and recreating them on a daily basis.

2) What would you change about yourself?
I would like to have bigger calves and more tone in my arms. :) I'm actually in the process of changes a few things about myself for the better. Let's keep our fingers crossed. If I actually had to say one thing, I would not procrastinate so much, but I'll finish answering this question later. ;)

3) What life experience has strengthened you the most?
I think there are several that have had a profound impact on who I am, and who i want to continue to become. I would say that through all of the experiences that have strengthened me, those that teach me and challenge me to honor myself and who I am are the ones that I am thankful for, even if they hurt like hell while they were happening. :)

4) Who has been the most influential person in your life?
There have been so many people that have touched my heart and my life over the last 33 years. I could make a list but would hate to leave anyone out (I'm practicing my acceptance speech for the academy awards). In a very strange way, I think the most influential person in my life has been, and will always be....me. I'm forever grateful to all those friends and family that have supported me on my journey.

5) How do you want to be remembered?
I want to be remembered as someone who was caring, honest, beautiful, giving, hilarious, an amazing Aunt, incredible daughter, wonderful sister, a best friend, outstanding partner (one day), powerful woman, amazing comedian, an inspiration, hilarious (did I mention hilarious? :)), and someone who made this world a better and more joyous place to live....and hilarious.

Photo Credits: Stage Photo-Robert Barbutti, Headshot-Cheryl Mazak
Blog Widget by LinkWithin