Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Jill "It's The Little Things In Life"

My name is Jill Lorraine Potter and my birth day was Jan 27th 1969; which will make me 40 in the year 2009. I am an Aquarius…it is the sign of the water bearer but in actuality is an Air sign. I grew up in St. Petersurg, Florida. I currently live in Italy, New York; 8 miles NE of my hometown of Naples, NY. Full time I am an Artist. I design jewelry, photograph nature, create hand made beaded purses; seasonally I work full time at Joseph’s Wayside Market; one of the largest open air farmer’s markets in the upstate. It is an awesome place to work! When I am not at work you can most likely find me outdoors doing something. You will never find me screaming, cursing or otherwise demeaning a child! I have a web page with all my creations which isn’t getting much traffic, but I would rather people visit the American Cancer Society and donate to which ever cause has touched your life the most. Cancer in general has invaded my family for years and taken many in it’s wake.


Who inspires me?

I would have to say those who have the most against them but achieve the most anyhow. I don’t mean monetarily either. I mean in life in general. Those who spread positive energy no matter where they go or who they see. Just their presence is necessary to create this overwhelming sensation. IE…Mother Teresa, Ghandi and my Aunt Patricia Rose Potter Hackett. She would light up a room anywhere.

What am I most proud of?

I am most proud of the parents who spend the time with their children to help mold them into kind and gentle souls who know they can do anything they put their mind to doing. We live in a time where most parents have to have two jobs each in order to make ends meet but I take my hat off to those who do that and still make time for their children!

What has been the greatest loss in my life?

The greatest loss in my life would have to be the passing of my Aunt Patricia Rose Potter Hackett. Her guidance and love helped me through my teen years; when there was no one else for me to turn to. She was so understanding and a wonderfully gentle soul. She helped me see that I was worthy of love. I was 22 and in the Army; stationed at Ft. Monmouth, NJ. I had been up for 16 hrs and drove 11 more when I received the call from the Red Cross. She was a guiding angel here on earth!!!

Who would I like to meet?

I would like to meet those who have simple words that speak mountains; those who are kind and gentle souls and those who light up a room just by walking into it!

What is my hardest part of the day?

My hardest part of the day I would have to say trying to go to sleep. I lay there most nights trying to wind down from whatever it is I was doing. Physical wind down is easy to accomplish. Winding down your mind is another. I have been told throughout my life that I am a deep thinker. I suppose this is why it isn’t so easy for me to turn the thoughts off. You name it I think about it; no exaggeration. My mind works a bit slower than most only because I think of every scenario that can be thought of in any given conversation. This is why most of the time I just listen when in a crowd. I would make a good social worker but it would take forever to go through school even though I was trained in the Army to do such a job.

What is my best part of the day?

The best part of my day is the first thing that makes me smile; a thought, a smile from someone else. Whatever it may be that is the moment that brightens up the rest of my day. It is the little things in life that make it so worth while; most times those things are free: Laughter, Joy, Smiles, Kindness, Generosity, Understanding, Compassion, Empathy, Gentleness, Tenderness, Hugs and giving all these things to others.

This next question popped into my head after answering all these other questions.

What has brought you the most joy in life?

The thing that has brought me to most joy in life is meeting all of the people that I have and getting to know them and having them want to get to know me. It’s the people that have taken the time from their lives to include me in them. It’s the people that you can call ten years after not speaking and pick up where you left off; filling in the blanks along the way. It is also the people; well pretty much everyone. Anyone and everyone that has/have presented a positive influence on my life!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin