Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tammy "Compassionate Person"

Name: tammy

Age: 39

Sign: capricorn

Occupation: social work administrator

I grew up in: asheville & charlotte n.c.

I currently live in: carrollton ga

You can find me: seeking equanimity

You will never find me: shooting guns

Your website or Charity you are passionate about: Best Friends Animal Sanctuary

1.)Who or what inspires you? i am inspired by genuine connection. when i am with others who are fully present with me and i am in turn keyed into them. when judgment, fear and pretense are out of the equation, i find that an exciting synergy occurs and i leave the encounter feeling inspired, energized and all filled up!

2.)What are you most proud of? i suppose that i am proud to be a compassionate and nonjudgmental person. and that most of the time people recognize those qualities whether i am at work, with friends, or where ever. pride goeth before the fall however, and i also often fail to respond with those qualities in bad moments so i am a work in progress too.

3.)What has been your greatest loss in life? maybe the loss of nurturing in my family? when i think of more concrete losses in my life, i tend to think of things like the death of my grandmother, who was my primary nurturing figure or being in an orphanage for the first month of my life. those concrete examples probably speak to a vaguer sense in my family that everyone moves around in their own separate bubbles, touching but not too much.

4.)Who would you like to meet? alice walker, bell hooks, thich nhat hahn, andrea gibson

5.)What is the hardest part of your day? What is the best part of your day? the hardest part of my day is at work, when i and several other really caring people cannot find a way to help a child or teen in foster care move through her trauma and pain to a place where she feels safe and loved. and the best part is the opposite, when i see that a child or teen has found a way, with adult loving support, to create a new path for themselves. a path where they accept love and honor and generate love and self confidence in return.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin