Saturday, March 7, 2009

Tammy "Surviving Sexual Abuse Strengthened Me"

My Name is Tammy
Occupation: Advertising Copywriter / Singer songwriter / Artist / Mom
I grew up in: Phoenix, AZ
I currently live in: Tucson, AZ
You can find me: at www.myspace.com/tammyallens
You will never find me: in clown school
Your website or Charity you are passionate about: http://bradlisti.com/ and planned parenthood, the homeless, animals.

1.) What (person, goal, dream) gets you out of bed each day?
Not much. I hate getting up. My daughter is my most important person in my life. She is why I get up.

2.) What life experience has strengthened you the most?
Surviving sexual abuse as a teen made me very fragile but having my daughter has made me infinitely stronger.

3.) What would you want to change about yourself?
My tendency towards apathy. I have tremendous capacity for passion but tapping it is often difficult. I’m often surprised when passion bubbles up from a sunset or the desert. Living is extraordinary, I don’t like to think about it too much cuz I freak myself out about it.

4.) What do you want to do before you die?Everything. Go to Italy. There are a lot of reckless things I didn’t accomplish before I had my daughter. Now I wouldn’t risk leaving her for the experience of jumping out of a plane or something like that.

5.) What is your most prized possession?
Nothing. I hate owning things. I guess family photographs are the only irreplaceable things in the world.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin