Monday, April 20, 2009

Gina "I Love Writing About Inspiring People"

Name: Gina
Age: 35
Sign: Scorpio
I grew up in: Downey
Occupation: Journalist/Fiction Writer and Disneyland Guest Research Assistant
You can find me: At the movies or writing at Starbucks :)
You will never find me: at church
Your website or Charity you are passionate about: I'm very passionate about animals. I'm a big advocate for homeless animals. My three cats, Simon, Stewart and Frida are all rescues as well as Harley, my big golden retreiver whom we rescued from the pound. I love the the Amanda Foundation and the spcaLA

1.) Do you love what you do? Why? Yes, I love being a freelance Journalist. I love writing about inspiring people who have a voice, who beat the odds and make something of themselves. I'm also very passionate about screenwriting and fiction writing and I love sharing my articles with anyone who loves to read! I also love working at Disneyland. Why? Because it truly is the happiest place on earth. It's a beautiful world full of fantasy and the ice cream and waffle cones are heavenly! I love the smell of popcorn, churros and the coffee when I'm walking down main street and the lights are just gorgeous!

2.) What are you most proud of? I am most proud having returned to college two years ago after having given up on college because I just could never pass the math classes! I finally decided to go back and try and take the math at Rio Hondo Community College. While I was there, desperate to pass the last few units I needed toward my bachelor's in English, at Cal State L.A. I found out I had a learning disability. I could have easily given up at 33 years old out of devastation of the news but thankfully, I was determined. After reaching out for help, I finally completed the units I needed. While at Rio, I also became involved in the Journalism program and I'm most proud of actually finishing the program and receiving an A.S. in Journalism and an A.A. in Liberal arts after all these years! Now, I really believe it doesn't matter how long it takes you to accomplish your goal as long as you follow through until you actually do!

3.) What life experience has strengthened you the most? Having worked for Forest Lawn Cemetery for three years really made me appreciate life. Being around so much death made me realize how precious life really is and I definitely don't take friends or family for granted anymore because you never know when a person you love might be taken away from you. It definitely made me a stronger person.

4.) Who has been the most influential person in your life? I think the most influential person in my life is my mom. She has always been there for me and her sincere love and respect for people is definitely something I admire and I strive to be more like her in that way. She is truly a positive person and is so kind to everyone she meets I'm grateful for her having been such a positive influence in my life.

5.) What would you want to change about yourself? I would definitely want to change the fact that I am such a procrastinater! From the time I was 16 to the age I am now, I could have written at least twenty novels by now and ten screenplays! Luckily, I've finally started to work on disciplining myself every day. Changing that part of myself is a slow process but I definitely hope to get there one day!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin