Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sue "Trees are an Inspiration"

Name:Sue
Age:40
Sign:Scorpio
I grew up in:Grand Rapids Michigan
I currently live in:Western Maine
Occupation: customer service manager in aviation
You can find me:usually at work, or if it's warm and I can pull myself away from there, I'm outside somewhere.
You will never find me:at the Republican National Convention or working in a meat packing plant/slaughterhouse




Your website or Charity you are passionate about:
MAPS.org

1.)Who or what inspires you?

There are a few inspirations in my life. It's really hard to choose just one. Trees... as silly as it may sound, are a big inspiration to me. Where I live, I'm surrounded pretty deep by them. Everytime I go outside, I'm overcome with a sense of 'ahhh, this is how life is supposed to feel'.
Nature, in general, is up toward the top of the Inspiration List. It's the treehugger in me. :)

A beautiful little 6 year old girl... she makes me fight for what's fair and right. I do my part to make the world a better place, because I know she's in it.

Before the job I have now, I did hospice care. The people I once cared for... everyone else in the world who takes on death with grace and strength... they're way up on the list too.

2.)What are you most proud of?

Where I am in my life and the strength I had to muster along the way to get here. So many things stood in the way to having peace of mind and a good sense of balance.
I've learned from life. I've grown.
I'm proud of that. :)

3.)What has been your greatest loss in life?

The love of my life died 9 years ago. Cancer. It devastated me beyond anything I've ever known.

4.)Who would you like to meet?

Dead or alive?

Dead, I'd like to meet Mary, mother of the infamous Jesus. I don't really believe that story she was telling. I think there's much more too it. I have questions.

Alive, I'd love to meet Bono. Bono, a crazy lil' man he may be, shares my vision of wanting to save the world. I admire him for so much more than his music and would love to give him a few questions as well.

5.)What is the hardest part of your day? What is the best part of your day?

Shutting my brain off is nearly impossible for me to do. When I close my eyes at night, the thoughts are still rushing around a zillion miles an hour. That kinda makes for difficult sleeping...

The best part of my day? Besides waking up and having another day to be alive, walking outside for the first time each day would be the best. I've lived here for almost 8 years and it still catches me every time I step outside. Love it, love it!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin