Monday, April 27, 2009

Veronica "Passionate About Living"

Name: Veronica (Ronnie )
Age: 46
Sign: Peace
Occupation: Office Manager by day/Artist all of the other hours in between
I grew up in: Born in Boston but grew up in a suburb south of there
I currently live in: That same suburb
You can find me: In Pawtucket, RI making art at my studio
You will never find me: Hunting, Water Skiing, Wearing high heels
Your website or Charity you are passionate about: I am not active with any charity or cause. They all seem to resonate in one way or another. The one issue that seems most significant to me seems to be distribution of wealth and economic justice type issues. I think www.kiva.org is on the right track.

1.) What is your lifelong dream? I am not sure I have had a dream to be or do anything ever. I am not even sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing anymore. I am sure at one point I had some ideas about have a successful relationship, getting a house, maybe having a family or something like that but these are so far away or never evolved in the way I thought they might have. What has ended out happening instead is that I have this vision and it comes back to me all of the time. I imagine myself sitting on a porch somewhere and I am 80. Along the way of my life I have made these friendships and they are still there. That me and this group of people whoever they turn out to be have spent either a lot of time together or have been pivotal people in each others lives. For some reason I imagine we all live near each other and at about 5 or 6 o'clock on most evenings we hang out and talk about our lives, our pasts and how we got to be there together. Every once in a while some one random person who was there then or played some smaller part will show up. These are the people who have boosted me up and I them. That we can sit there and actually know each other in a palpable sense and be still and present for each other. This is my dream. That these people, and I have a few in mind already, will be there ,will be there still laughing with me when I am old.


2.) What are you passionate about? A million things. As many things that I can in one day. It's exhausting sometimes. Art, travel, friends, family, love, work, reading. If I had more time in a day I would walk around and look at things, anything really. I just think maybe I am passionate about living.


3.) How do you measure success? I was working at a hospital once. A psych unit. A patient came in with $4,000.00 in her pocket book. All money and valuables are taken from patients under these circumstances. I was in charge of this patients property and I was the person to envelope the money , seal it, sign it with the patient and deposit it into the night safe. A safe. Locked up gone, Safe. When I got to work the next day the money was missing. My supervisor came up to me to tell me it was gone. I of course sunk, she on the other hand didn't blink an eye. Not for one second did they think I did not put the money in there, not for one second did the think I had anything to do with the missing money. This to me was one of my most successful days. I think success can be measured by ones character. That being trustworthy and people being able to identify that almost immediately upon meeting you is to me how I view success.


4.) What has been your greatest achievement? Getting and staying sober and never forgetting for a day that I was gifted with a second chance at life. That even though somedays it can be a real pain in ass to have to deal with some of the realities of life I would never want to go back. Though, let me acknowledge that I didn't achieve this alone as I do believe that in order to keep this gift I have had to turn it over to something a lot bigger than myself.


5.) Is there something you would do differently if you could go back in time? I wouldn't have made fun of anyone in elementary school. I know it's crazy and though I still may gossip or may drag someone through the mud, it was incredibly enlightening to learn that by doing so I was only trying to boost up my own false self. I'd like to throw a shout out to Rosemarie whom I still for some reason think about whenever I reflect on these moments. The truth is, is that I wasn't even a really mean kid. I was being picked on too I assure you, I think I was just passing the buck to them.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin