Friday, April 10, 2009

Sherri "Turning my Stubborness Into Determinitaion"

Name: Sherri
Age: 42
Sign : Pisces
I grew up in : Oakland, California....but not in the foothills
I currently live in: Desert Hot Springs, California....now in the foothills but it doesn't mean the same
You can find me: in the garden, at the dojo or doing yoga....if I'm not on line
You will never find me: wanting to live in any of the multi million dollar country clubs that I work in
Occupation: Owner Operator....Gardener / Landscape Contractor
Website: My Space and my favorite charity is Coachella Valley Rescue Mission and Feed the Children

1. What or who inspires you most? When people aren't afraid to show their heart and live by it instead of just social and religious rules.

2. What are you most proud of? I think turning my stubbornness into determination. Like when I said at 40 I'd be at the so called top of my game. I finally finished a 2 year degree in Plant Science although it took 20 years, passed the landscape contractors license, earned my 4 th degree black belt, and still had my first customer after 17 years of service

3. What has been your greatest loss? In mid life I lost my social inhibition and discovered I was gay, that was a good lose. But then finding out that my first love would not be my last....that's been the greatest loss to deal with

4. What has been your life altering experience? When I was 19 and watering in a greenhouse I heard helicopters circling outside. Next thing I heard was come out with your hands up....we have you surrounded as over 30 armed men waited outside. Shortly after that and tutoring from the Chaplains' wife that followed I went to college (after dropping out in the 8th grade) and returned to training in the marital arts

5. Who would you most like to meet? I'd like to meet my friend Sandra on MySpace ....yep even before Obama or the Dalai Lama
Blog Widget by LinkWithin