Monday, May 25, 2009

Carole "Keep Going Even When Things Are Hard"

Name: Carole
Age: 40
Sign: Sagittarius
Occupation: 7th grade teacher (English and History)
I grew up in: Auburn, CA
I currently live in: Sacramento, CA
You can find me: on the American River Bike Trail, training for half marathons
You will never find me: actually winning one of those half marathons
Your website or Charity you are passionate about:
www.runninforrhett.com

1.) Who has been the most influential person in your life? My mom, without a doubt. She raised me with more inner strength than I ever thought I would have, with a strong faith and the ability to keep going even when things are hard.

2.) What would you want to change about yourself? I wish I was thinner and more fit. I'd love to see what it feels like to be one of the "fast people" who pass me in races! I'm a walker, so the runners always pass me by in droves.

3.) Is there something you would do differently if you could go back in time? I would have studied harder and focused on more important things in high school instead of having my head in the clouds all the time. I limited my opportunities because my grades were not great.

4.) How do you measure success? When I finish an event I've been training for, no matter how long it takes me to get to the finish line.

5.) What is your most prized possession? My beautiful children, though they are not really a possession. For material possessions, I would have to guess that my grandmother's collection of Vietnam War medals, pins and patches is the most prized thing I have. She worked as a flight attendant during the war and volunteered to work flights the soldiers were going into Vietnam on. The guys would give her patches and pins off their uniforms. She kept every single one.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin