Friday, May 1, 2009

Michelle "My Clients Inspire Me"

Name: Michelle
Age: 44
Sign: Virgo
I grew up in: Overland Park, Kansas
I currently live in: Overland Park, Kansas after living on the East Coast for 15 years.
Occupation: Criminal Defense Attorney
You can find me: in Court.

You will never find me: wishing that I had made my amends.
Favorite Website or Charity about which I am passionate? The Shepherd's Center Central (Kansas City, MO) a non-profit organization that serves the needs of the elderly in Kansas City and Johnson County, Kansas. I am a member of their Board of Directors. Their website is:http://www.sccentral.org/

1. Who or what inspires me? I am a criminal defense lawyer and I have found that my clients inspire me to really stand up for someone else in this world. Everyone, even those who have done terrible things, deserves to have someone on their side. Revenge is an easy emotion. But forgiveness and acceptance, those will take years for these folks to assimilate into their lives. I strive to get beyond my own inhibitions and truly be an advocate for another human being.

2. What am I most proud of? Going back to school to become a lawyer as a second career. I graduated from law school 10 years after graduating from undergrad.

3. What has been your greatest loss in life? The loss of my daughter that I raised as my own, and her siblings, the twins, to their biological parent following the ending of our 8 year relationship.

4. Who would you like to meet? Jeanette Winterson, my favorite author.

5. What is the hardest part of your day? What is the best part of your day? The hardest part of my day is getting up early in the a.m. as I am a night owl when left to operate on my own time clock. What is the best part of my day? I used to say that my kids were "the best part of my day" and although I they will always hold that place for me, the best part of my "now" is effecting change the lives of others.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin