Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Jill "I Am Most Proud Of Being Selfless"

Name: Jill Catherine
Age: 45
Sign:Libra
I grew up in: The San Francisco Bay Area
I currently live in: Sacramento, California
Occupation: Teacher and Writer
You can find me: on the playground during recess!
You will never find me: at a horror movie!
Your website or Charity you are passionate about: dyslexia. tv

1.) How do you measure success? I measure success by the lives I touch. If I am doing my job as a human being, the people I serve will be blessed, which to me, is success.

2.) What are you most proud of? I am most proud of having the strength to never compromise my principles and values. This is not easy and I have spent most of my adult life single, but I have been able to think and reflect without distractions, make decisions on the direction of my journey without sacrifice, and most importantly, I am able to serve the needs of many children because I have the physical and mental solitude I need to process the enormous amount of suffering I witness on a daily basis. In short, I am most proud of being selfless.

3.) What life experience has strengthened you the most? Raising my son as a single mother.

4.) Who has been the most influential person in your life? The esoteric teacher and writer, Alice Bailey, from whom I learned the real secret to life: Teach Love.

5.) What is the hardest part of your day? The hardest part of my day is when I have to leave school knowing many of my students must face difficult times when they go home, if they even have a home. I work with Title 1 students who are at, or below, the poverty level and they live in very stressful environments.

What is the best part of your day? The best part of my day is walking to my classroom in the morning, giving and receiving hugs from all the students at school. There is no better feeling than to hear a young child shouting: "Hi Miss King" as they run across the playground to get their hug!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin