Monday, July 20, 2009

Ariella "I Am Empowered"

Name: Ariella
Age: 28
Sign: Gemini
Occupation: Vocalist & Voice Teacher
I grew up in: Minnesota
I currently live in: Los Angeles, CA
You can find me: Singing, percussing and vocally improvising
You will never find me: watching television
Your website or Charity you are passionate about: www.EarthSounds.net

1.) What are you passionate about? Sharing the truest expression of self and connecting to self on a Soul level. We are conditioned in our society to look, sound and act a certain way. Only some people (and very few) are actually comfortable looking, sounding and acting those ways. I am empowered, always honestly expressing myself, and encouraging others to do so too, primarily in my practice through the voice, but also in all ways, shapes and forms to be well-rounded, healthy individuals in a communal world.

2.) What are you most proud of? My undying drive to live my dreams as a performer and teacher.

3.) Who has been the most influential person in your life? My grandfather was a man of the earth, a farmer and wise teacher. He was always sharing a lesson, and always getting his hands dirty. I enjoyed his passion for the smallest things in life like the richness of the soil, mixed with his passion for making a difference in the world. I only really started to grasp how much of an impact he had on me after his passing.

4.) What is difficult for you? I have a difficult time when others hold back their feelings or withdraw from communication.

5.) Who would you like to meet? I would like to meet - and sing with - Bobby McFerrin and Peter Gabriel.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin