Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tiffany "My Grandma Made My Childhood Heaven"

Name: Tiffany
Age:36
Sign:Libra
I grew up in:Pico Rivera , California
I currently live in:Long Beach, California, but would love to live in Salem Mass, half the year
Occupation:Artist of all mediums, but Tattoo Artist by trade
You can find me: toiling away into some sort of project, creating a mess at the same time
You will never find me: giving my hard earned money to any church of any kind ever!
Your website or Charity you are passionate about: www.dogsdeservebetter.com.. go to it and you will see why

1.) Who or what Inspires you? Emotions are my inspiration, I create to release, weather it is out of love, regret, anger, or desperation

2.) What would you want to change about yourself? my focus, i get distracted easily, by foods, sounds, a pimple, anything could take away from my focus

3.) What is your most prized possession? a ring, but not because of the retail value, but the story that goes along with it...It belonged to my grandma, and was cut off her finger in the hospital when she passed away...many years passed since she died, and my parents divorced. My mother moved into my Grandma's house and developed a serious drug problem. Everything that was not nailed down was stolen, sold or destroyed, all that remained was the house and my mom's drug problem was causing even that to slip from her hands. I had not spoken to my mom for a few years and out of the blue she called me to ask for my help to get off drugs. I did everything I could to get her sober and at the same time save my Grandma's house along with all my fond memories of her from being condemned.. I put every scent into repairs. that house eventually was back to beautiful, until my mother presented me with a huge property tax bill, that had not been paid for 8 yrs..Flat broke now, and holding a notice to pay of the house will be seized, I realized, i have lost and will have nothing physical left of my Granada to remember her by. Needing time alone, I choose to Cleon up dog poop from the backyard since no one else would do it, and a lump of dirt got stuck on the end of the shovel, I did not want to touch it since it was probably poop, but no matter how hard I banged on the shovel ,it would not come off, and was hindering more poop from getting scooped up, so I had no choice but to pull it off. In a moment of bravery and disgust, I grabbed it quickly with the intent to fling it as far away from me as I could, but for some unknown reason while mid throw, my hand did not let go, and actually proceeded to squeeze the lump of dirt, practically over my head, crumbling it in my hand...Curiously I drew my hand back to look at it and saw something shining in it, so I continued to break the dirt away, only to reveal the ring that had been cut off my Grandma's finger. the cut part was wedged in the tip of the shovel encased in the dirt. i had no idea how it could have stayed out there fro all those years, I had a gardener every two weeks, and at one point had to remove a second story from the garage and meticulously made sure every splinter was removed from that yard as to not hurt my dogs I had at the time...I take it as the one thing my grandma was able to leave me of hers.

4.) Who has been the most influential person in your life? I would have to say my grandma.. she was level headed, smart, and fun as hell. My childhood was hell, but she made it heaven. if she had never been around, I may have turned out different.. I live each day as if she is still here, so that she can still be proud of me

5.) How do you want to be remembered? with the heart..loved in life, loved in death
Blog Widget by LinkWithin